- Director of Educational Measurement（教育測定ディレクター）
- Current: Ph.D. Candidate, Applied Lingusitics (Cardiff University)
- 2003: M.S.Ed in TESOL (Temple University Japan)
- Speaking & Listening III & IV
- Reading and Writing III & IV
- Advanced Reading and Writing I & II
- Professional Writing Skills
- Overseas Job Training
- Eigokaiwa Curriculum Vocabulary testing, Lead Coordinator
- LERC Listening and Reading proficiency and placement tests, Lead Coordinator
- Language Education and Research Center Kiyo, Editor
- Vocabulary Acquisition, Language Testing
- Stewart, J. (2014). Do Multiple-Choice Options Inflate Estimates of Vocabulary Size on the VST?. Language Assessment Quarterly, 11(3), 271-282.
- Stewart, J., A. O., & Bovee, N. (2012) Comparing Multidimensional and Continuum Models of Vocabulary Acquisition: An Empirical Examination of the Vocabulary Knowledge Scale. TESOL Quarterly. 46(4), 695-721.
- Stewart, J., Gibson, A. & Fryer, L. K. (2012). Examining the reliability of a TOEIC Bridge practice test under 1 and 3 parameter item response models. Shiken Research Bulletin, 16 (2)
- Stewart, J. (2012). A multiple-choice test of active vocabulary knowledge. Vocabulary Learning and Instruction, 1(1), 53-59. doi:10.7820/vli.v01.1.stewart
- Stewart, J. (2012) Does IRT provide more sensitive measurement of latent traits in statistical tests? An empirical examination. Shiken Research Bulletin, 16(1).
- Fryer, L. K., Stewart, J., Anderson, C. J., Bovee, H. N., Gibson, A. (2011). Coordinating a vocabulary curriculum: Exploration, pilot, trial and future directions. In A. Stewart (Ed.), JALT2010 Conference Proceedings. Tokyo: JALT.
- Stewart, J. & White, D. A. (2011). Estimating guessing effects on the Vocabulary Levels Test for differing degrees of word knowledge. TESOL Quarterly. 45(2), 370-380.
- Anderson, C. J., Stewart, J. & Fryer, L. (2010). Coordinating a curriculum-wide vocabulary program. In M. Pinto ( D. Shaffer (Eds.), KOTESOL Proceedings 2009, Seoul: Korea TESOL
- Stewart, J. & Gibson, A. (2010). Equating classroom pre and post tests under item response theory. SHIKEN, 14, 10-17
- Stewart, J., Bovee, N., Connor, S. & Stubbe, R. (2010). Validating a test of vocabulary depth. Kyushu Sangyo University Language Education and Research Center Journal, 5, 51-73.
- Stubbe, R., Stewart, J. & Pritchard, T. (2010). Examining the Effects of Pseudoword in Yes/No Vocabulary Tests for Low Level Learners. Kyushu Sangyo University Language Education and Research Center Journal, 5, 5-23.
- Stewart, J., Anderson, C. J. & Fryer, L. K. (2009). Coordinating a curriculum-wide vocabulary program. In M. Pinto, D. Shaffer, (Eds.), KOTESOL Proceedings 2009, Seoul: Korea TESOL
- Stewart, J., Bovee, N. & Connor, S. (2009). A comparison of vocabulary test methods. Kyushu Sangyo University Language Education and Research Center Journal, 4, 85-97.
- Stewart, J. (2009). A comparison of test scores between monolingual and bilingual versions of the Vocabulary Size Test: A pilot study. In A. Stoke (Ed.), JALT2008 Conference Proceedings, Tokyo: JALT.
- Bovee, N., & Stewart, J. (2009) The utility of shadowing. In A. Stoke (Ed.), JALT2008 Conference Proceedings, Tokyo: JALT .
- Stewart, J. (2008) Scaffolded conversation. TUJ Studies in Applied Linguistics: An Anthology of Grammar Activities, 47, 39-40
- Stewart, J. (2007) Pronunciation games: teaching the sound system of English through phonics. TUJ Studies in the Sound System of American English, 41, 53-57
- Batty, A. & Stewart, J. (2014). A proposal for a socially-fair and objective method of scoring communicative ability. Paper presented at the Language Testing Research Colloquium (LTRC), June 6, VU University, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Stewart, J. & Batty, A. (2013). Fundamentals of Item Response Theory. Workshop conducted for the Japan Language Testing Association, September 22, Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan
- Batty, A. & Stewart, J. (2013) A more objective test of communicative competence in English: Establishing native speaker norms with MFRM. Paper presented at the Pacific Rim Objective Measurement Symposium, August 5, National Sun Yat-sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
- Stewart, J. & Batty, A. (2011). Continuum Models of Vocabulary Knowledge Depth: Addressing Scalability of Task Types. Paper presented at JACET National Conference, August 29, Fukuoka, Japan.
- Anderson, C. J., Bovee, N., & Stewart, J., Gibson, A., & Fryer, L. K. (2010). Towards a coordinated compulsory English vocabulary curriculum: A trial. Paper presented at Japanese Association of Language Teachers national conference, November. Nagoya, Japan.
- Bovee, N., Fryer, L. K., Stewart, J., Anderson, J. (2009) Developing a university-wide vocabulary program. Paper presented at Japanese Association of Language Teachers national conference, November, 20-23. Tokyo, Japan
- JALT Vocabulary SIG, Publication Chair
- JALT TEVAL SIG, Associate editor of Shiken Research Bulletin
- JACET, Member
- Japanese Association Language Teachers (JALT), Member
- Psychometric Society, Member
- TESOL, Member