- Effects of nervousness on performance and cognition
- Shachter, J., Stewart J. (2020). Designing and building the Fitbit Data Collection System. Kyushu Sangyo University Computing and Networking Center Journal (In Press).
- Shachter, J., Kangas, M., Sweller, N., Stewart, J. (2020). Proof of Concept for an Indicator of Learner Anxiety via Wearable Fitness Trackers. In International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (In Press). Springer, Cham.
- Shachter, J. (2018). Tracking and Quantifying Japanese English Language Learner Speaking Anxiety. The Language Teacher, 42, 3-7.
- Teaching reading skills in 'Surround Sound', to be presented at JALT International Conference, Online, November 16-23, 2020
- Proof of concept for an indicator of learner anxiety via wearable fitness trackers, to be presented at The Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) International Conference, Online, July 19-24, 2020
- A 'Surround Sound' approach to content-based reading instruction, presented at The Second Annual Performance in Education SIG in Sapporo Conference, Hokusei Gakuin University, Sapporo, Japan, February 1-2, 2020
- Can a Fitbit empirically measure learner anxiety? presented at The 45th Annual JALT International Conference, WINC AICHI, Nagoya, Japan, November 1-4, 2019
- Tracking and quantifying Japanese English language learner speaking anxiety, presented at The 27th Annual KOTESOL International Conference, Sookmyung Women’s University, Seoul, October 12-13, 2019
- Using a ‘Surround Sound’ pedagogical construct to maximize efficacy in content-based reading instruction, presented at The 31st Annual Kyushu-Okinawa Chapter JACET Conference, Tokai University, Kumamoto, Japan, July 13, 2019
- Are your students nervous?, presented at The PanSIG 2019 Conference, Konan University, Nishinomiya, Japan, May 18-19, 2019
- Using a Nervousness Metric to Connect with Your Students and Increase Engagement. JACET Conference, Oct. 13, 2018. Fukuoka, Japan.
- Shachter, 2020. Using Fitbits to explore the correlation between heart rate and self-reported Language Learning anxiety measurements, Kiban Kenkyu (KSU internal grant).
- Shachter, 2020. Masters in Research Grant, Macquarie University.
- Shachter, 2019. Testing the convergent validity of an original heart rate aggregation software, Sangaku Department (KSU internal grant).
- Shachter, 2019. Testing the convergent validity of an original heart rate aggregation software. JSPS Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research Activity Early Career Scientist. Rank (A).
- Shachter, 2019. Designing and building an original research web application which allows researchers to monitor language learning anxiety in real time via a physiological measure. 九州産業大学総合情報基盤センター研究開発計画補助金. (KSU internal grant)
- Shachter, 2018. Using wearable heart rate monitors to validate self-reported Learning Language Anxiety measurements. JSPS Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research Activity start-up. 順位 (A)