- Capobianco, P. (2018). Diary studies as a method of collecting student observations of course content. Language Education & Research Center Journal, 13, 83-101.
- Capobianco, P. (2017). Bridging the gap between Japanese and foreign communities through communication and critical reflection. Journal of International and Advanced Japanese Studies, 9, 205-222.
- Capobianco, P. (2017). Transfiguring identity: Social relationships and intercultural communication between foreign 'children' and Japanese 'parents'. Journal of International and Intercultural Communication, 10(4), 324-341.
- Capobianco, P. (2016). Intercultural identity transformations among Japanese learners of English. International Journal of Research in Language Learning, 6(4), 13-27.
- Japan Second Language Association
- International Association of Applied Linguistics
- Anthropology of Japan in Japan